Pet Express Transport Services (PETS) can assist in bringing pets into Australia so the strict conditions designed to manage biosecurity risks are adhered to. We are available to clear your pets from customs and also from the Australian Government operated cat and dog post entry quarantine facilities.
Australian quarantine services for cats and dogs are currently provided by two facilities located at Eastern Creek, in Sydney, New South Wales and Spotswood, in Melbourne, Victoria.
Under the current import conditions for Australia most pets undergo just 10 days in post entry quarantine. In this period departmental staff provide the care your animal needs, while managing the administrative and biosecurity requirements that prepare your pet for release (Australian Government: Department of Agriculture).
- Pets booked into the Spotswood Facility must enter Australia via the Melbourne International Airport.
- Pets booked into the Eastern Creek Facility must enter Australia via the Sydney International Airport. Please note: Eastern Creek Quarantine Facility is closing and the facility will cease to accept animal arrivals after 16 October 2015.
Import services include:
- Arranging Australian import permits
- Customs clearance at Melbourne International Airport or Sydney International Airport
- Delivery and pick up from quarantine facilities
- Flight booking if your pets final destination is not Melbourne or Sydney Australia
- Delivery of your pet to your home once their quarantine period has passed
- After hours customer support should you have any questions whilst your pet is travelling.